We are just about half way through 2021 and have been reflecting on the year so far.
Some of the Home Refurbishment projects we have been working on in 2021 (photos here are taken from previously completed projects):
- An updated master bedroom – wallpaper, paint colours, lighting, radiators, carpet and carpentry – this is going to be a glorious tranquil haven with the optimum storage solutions of bespoke wardrobes, drawers and shelves. Plus while the team are on site we have provided new colour choices for the kitchen units and walls for that room to be redecorated too
- Redesigning, ripping out and fitting a new bathroom for an existing client, together with redecoration, flooring selection and furniture sourcing to redecorate the bedrooms. We helped them renovate their hallway, kitchen and living room last year and the benefits and knowledge from an existing happy working relationship pay dividends for how smoothly the project is running
- New house for new clients – and we have designed and sourced a replacement bathroom, plus other flooring, electrics, lighting and radiator improvements, plus we are redecorating, choosing colours, adding carpentry and sourcing furniture to make it a really special family home
- An exciting first home purchase and getting a relatively quick refurbishment job completed on a property close by before the client moves in. New kitchen and flooring, colours, lighting and furniture for this bright and airy spacious flat
- Garden design (front and back) plus adding sliding doors to the garden to maximise the view and use of the outdoor spaces, with interior design touches and carpentry and fireplace solutions to get the most out of the reception areas inside. Once this garden is planted and matured it is going to be simply stunning
- In addition a number of replacement kitchen and bathroom projects have come through post lockdown. Seemingly quite self-contained projects – but the simplicity and beauty of the end result is down to a lot of work spent behind the scenes on layout, storage planning, materials, colours, wallpapers, sanitary ware, vanity units, splash backs, work surfaces, flooring, tiling selections and layout, factoring in appliances, mirrors, lighting, taps …………….all the way down to the bins, hooks and doorknobs
- The interior design for a loft conversion – filling out the new spaces and the consequent changes to other upper floor rooms
- Carpentry, furniture, fabric and upholstery ideas and sourcing for a client’s family for their upcoming move to a bigger house
- Colour consultations giving colour palette options using Farrow & Ball, Designers Guild, Little Greene and Paint & Paper Library ranges
Plus one of the most joyful aspects of this business – follow on work for existing clients – new carpets, different colours, additional carpentry, redecoration and finding shutters, curtains, blinds and upholstery – we love going back to catch up with their growing families and see how spaces are adapted and used.
We are looking forward to seeing these projects completed this year and hope that everyone continues to stay well and happy, enjoy the summer now it is here!